Ryan Giggs hoping to join a club that shares his “swashbuckling vision” after leaving Manchester United



Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs has said he will only take on the manager’s role at a club that shares his “swashbuckling”s style of football.
Giggs, 42, announced his departure from Manchester United on Saturday, ending a 29-year association with the club he began his career at.
He had spent the last three seasons as assistant manager under David Moyes for the 2013/14 campaign and Dutchman Louis van Gaal for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 terms.
Speaking on ITV as part of his punditry duties during Euro 2016, Giggs was discussing future in coaching, praising both Van Gaal and Sir Alex Ferguson.
mourinho-giggs

“I want to be a manager,” he said. “And obviously there’s not a manager’s job vacant at Manchester United right now. I said in my statement that I wish Jose Mourinho all the best. It’s a sad day for me because every day, since school, I’ve been going to Manchester United – over 25 years. And this will the first pre-season that I don’t turn up. It’ll be strange but I’m excited. It’s a new start in my career.
“I’ve had a great education for the last two years under Louis,” Giggs said when asked what he will be doing with his time off during the summer. “Obviously, playing under Sir Alex for so long as well – lucky, lucky man. I just want to further my education.”
And on whether he’d be ready for Premier League management if the right job came along, he said: “Yeah, of course for the first job it needs to be the right one; the club needs to have the same vision as you do; play the same football as you want to play – I play attacking football, that’s how I was brought up, swashbuckling football, score more goals than the opposition – but it’s not easy.”
Giggs took charge of the Old Trafford club for four games during the tail end of the 2013/14 season following the sacking of former boss David Moyes.
The former left-winger oversaw two victories, one draw and one defeat in the caretaker manager’s role.


Giggs made 963 appearances for Manchester United, making his first outing in the 1990/91 season.
The Welshman would go on to score 168 goals across all competitions for the club – 17 of those recorded in the 1993–94 campaign alone.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Related Posts Display