What Zlatan Ibrahimovic's retirement means for Man United's transfer plans

ZLATAN IRAHIMOVIC'S retirement from international football could be good news for Manchester United.

GETTY
IT'S OVER: Zlatan Ibrahimovic will retire from internationals after Euro 2016
The Swede is widely expected to join the Red Devils this summer and today's declaration could speed up his move to Old Trafford.
The United deal is on hold while he competes at Euro 2016 but Sweden could be eliminated if they don't beat Belgium tomorrow.
Ibrahimovic also confirmed that he would not be competing for his country at the Olympics in Rio despite being named in a preliminary squad - an issue that could have held the deal up, according to the Manchester Evening News.
“The last game will be my last for Sweden”
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
However, the 34-year-old is hoping that his international career continues past tomorrow.
He said: "The last game (at Euro 2016) will be my last for Sweden , so I hope it will not be tomorrow.
"I am very proud of what I have achieved and will always bring the Swedish flag with me.
"Disappointment doesn't exist, only pride. I'm very grateful to all the supporters.
"To finish with a disappointment - never."

Post a Comment

0 Comments