SCHWEINSTEIGER: IT WILL BE A SPECIAL SEASON



Bastian Schweinsteiger is looking forward to 
working under Jose Mourinho at Manchester United.
Mourinho is understood to have agreed personal terms to succeed Louis 
Van Gaal at Old Trafford with a deal likely to be finalised before the end of the week.
Schweinsteiger was brought to United by Van Gaal last summer but the Germany international believes the 2016-17 campaign will be a 'special season' with Mourinho 
at the helm.
“We don’t know who will be our new manager yet, but it looks like it’s going to be an interesting derby in Manchester next season,” Schweinsteiger told reporters at a press conference.
“The enthusiasm for football in Manchester is great and if Mourinho does take 
over at United, I think all of the players want to train under him so it’s going to be
 quite a special season."
Schweinsteiger worked with Van Gaal at Bayern Munich before joining him at Old 
Trafford and he has paid tribute to the Dutchman following his sacking.
"I think Louis van Gaal and I have a very special relationship - he moved me into the
 centre of the midfield at Bayern and I've got a lot to thank him for,” he said.
"Also, my move to United was because of him. I will never say any bad words about somebody for whom I have so much to thank.
"I admire him as a coach and despite a difficult season with really much injury misfortune, he still ended it with a good title.
"It's been two years since United last won a title and I think that was a good ending also for 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Related Posts Display