Barcelona’s Dani Alves Mocks Brazil Legend Pelé Over Lack of Winner’s Medals



He may be one of the best full-backs of his generation, but Dani Alves has risked the wrath of the people in his homeland by mocking Pele.
Regarded by many as the greatest footballer who ever lived, Pelé spent almost 20 years of his career at home town club Santos and won the World Cup three times with Brazil, as well as scoring over 1000 goals in a storied career. 
Pelé even scored in the 1958 World Cup final when he was just 17-years-old.
But according to Alves, all that nonsense doesn’t count for much, as Pelé has won as many titles as he has\

In a video posted via his Instagram page, the eccentric Alves said: “Pelé, you are the King … You are the King, but I have more titles than you…
“I know I will get criticised for this, but I’m happy. It’s us! I will do what? I’m Happy … In football history there will always be an account of my story. So beautiful. Now I will go cook.”
Hmm we’re not too sure what he’s cooking, but it’s fair to say he probably needs to add less wine next time.
Seriously though, we have no idea if there’s any beef between the two, but Alves should surely show some respect to a genuine, bona fide football legend – particularly one who hails from the same country as he does.
Youngsters have zero respect these days.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Related Posts Display