Andreas Pereira claims that Louis van Gaal has broken a promise he made




It’s still unclear whether Louis van Gaal has just one match remaining as Manchester United manager or whether he will see out the remainder of his contract which expires at the end of next season.
It’s fair to say that the majority of United supporters want to see the Dutchman leave with the club finishing in a disappointing fifth-place while some of their performances have been hugely underwhelming.
The beleaguered boss could still salvage the campaign by winning the FA Cup when they face Crystal Palace at Wembley on Saturday.
While many fans would be satisfied to see Van Gaal leave Old Trafford in the summer, there’s one player that may also be quietly satisfied.
That’s because Andreas Pereira has claimed that Van Gaal has broken a promise he made to him in January.
The midfielder has made just nine appearances for the club in all competitions this season and the 20-year-old has claimed that Van Gaal hasn’t kept to his word.
"I wanted to be loaned out in January in order to play more and to keep developing myself, but Van Gaal told me that he did not want me to be loaned out. He told me to stay in Manchester because he would use me and that I would play," the 20-year-old told Goal.com.
"I told him that was fine, and that if I could stay and play then I would. He did not let me leave. I took the decision and now I'm training, doing my job and waiting for him to fulfil his word.
"Of course I expected to play more. I think that I deserved the chance. I did well in the games that I had the opportunity to play, but football can be like that.
FBL-ENG-PR-CRYSTAL PALACE-MAN UTD
"My manager has not given me this opportunity yet and I will keep working hard, waiting for the chances. If they've not come this year, then maybe the next, but I'll be ready. I'm very calm because everyone sees that I'm playing well and that I deserve my shot,” he added.
The Brazilian was signed by legendary boss Sir Alex Ferguson back in 2011 with the Scot persuading him to join the Red Devils rather than Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea, who were all reportedly interested at the time.
FBL-ENG-PR-MAN UTD-EVERTON
But he had to wait until March 2015 to make his competitive debut, given to him by Van Gaal. But, despite not playing a senior match under him, Pereira reserved some high praise for Ferguson.
"Ferguson was an outstanding manager," he said.
"The respect he had in the club was extraordinary. Everywhere he went in the club, you could feel the respect for him. And he is very humble, honest and a good person.
"For me, he was the best coach in the world. To stay almost 30 years at a club is very rare, so it's almost impossible for another coach to arrive and to do the same as him, or to do it better. But this pressure will always exist."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Related Posts Display