If you’re wondering what I eat in a week to build lean muscle, this post is for you. I’m sharing a full week of simple, high-protein meals that are easy to make at home and enjoyable enough to eat on repeat.
My goal with these meals is to prioritize protein, whole foods, balanced carbohydrates, healthy fats, and plenty of variety. You don’t need complicated recipes or a strict diet to support your fitness goals. Simple meals made with everyday ingredients can work beautifully.
Here’s what I eat in a typical week when I want easy, nutritious meals that help support lean muscle growth.
Why I Focus on High-Protein Meals
Protein is an important part of a diet designed to support muscle growth and recovery. Instead of trying to make every meal perfect, I find it easier to include a good source of protein throughout the day.
Some of my favorite protein sources include:
- Eggs and egg whites
- Greek yogurt
- Chicken
- Turkey
- Salmon and other fish
- Lean beef
- Cottage cheese
- Tofu
- Beans and lentils
- Protein powder
I also pair protein with carbohydrates and healthy fats to make meals more satisfying and balanced.
Day 1: High-Protein Breakfast, Chicken Bowl & Salmon Dinner
Breakfast: Protein Oatmeal
I start the week with a simple bowl of oatmeal made with oats, milk, protein powder, berries, and a spoonful of peanut butter.
Ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Milk of choice
- Protein powder
- Mixed berries
- Peanut butter
- Cinnamon
Cook the oats, stir in the protein powder once they're slightly cooled, and top with berries and peanut butter.
Lunch: Chicken & Rice Bowl
For lunch, I make a classic chicken and rice bowl.
I combine grilled chicken breast with rice, roasted vegetables, avocado, and a simple yogurt-based sauce.
It’s easy to prepare ahead of time and works especially well for busy days.
Dinner: Salmon, Potatoes & Vegetables
For dinner, I bake salmon with lemon, garlic, and herbs and serve it with roasted potatoes and broccoli.
This is one of my favorite easy high-protein dinners because everything can be cooked on one tray.
Day 2: Eggs, Turkey Wrap & Beef Stir-Fry
Breakfast: Eggs & Avocado Toast
A quick breakfast of scrambled eggs, whole-grain toast, avocado, and fruit keeps things simple.
For extra protein, I add egg whites to my scrambled eggs.
Lunch: High-Protein Turkey Wrap
For lunch, I make a turkey wrap with:
- Whole-grain tortilla
- Turkey breast
- Lettuce
- Tomato
- Cucumber
- Avocado
- Greek yogurt or hummus
I pair it with fruit or a side salad.
Dinner: Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry
For dinner, I cook lean beef with peppers, onions, broccoli, and carrots.
I serve it over rice and add a simple sauce made with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and a little honey.
It’s flavorful, filling, and takes very little time to prepare.
Day 3: Greek Yogurt Bowl & Chicken Pasta
Breakfast: Greek Yogurt Protein Bowl
This is one of my favorite breakfasts when I don't feel like cooking.
I combine Greek yogurt with berries, banana, granola, chia seeds, and a little nut butter.
You can also add protein powder if you want to increase the protein content.
Lunch: Chicken Pasta
I make a simple pasta bowl with grilled chicken, whole-grain pasta, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and a light tomato sauce.
A little parmesan on top adds plenty of flavor.
Dinner: Homemade Chicken Tacos
For taco night, I cook seasoned chicken and serve it in tortillas with lettuce, tomato, avocado, salsa, and Greek yogurt.
Tacos are an easy way to turn basic ingredients into a meal that feels completely different from your usual chicken and rice.
Day 4: Protein Pancakes & Salmon Rice Bowl
Breakfast: Protein Pancakes
For breakfast, I make pancakes using oats, banana, eggs, and protein powder.
I top them with berries and Greek yogurt instead of a large amount of syrup.
Lunch: Salmon Rice Bowl
I combine cooked salmon with rice, cucumber, avocado, edamame, and a simple soy-based dressing.
This is another meal that can easily be prepared ahead of time.
Dinner: Chicken & Roasted Vegetables
Dinner is simple: roasted chicken breast, sweet potato, zucchini, and broccoli.
I season everything with olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper before roasting.
Day 5: Eggs, Tuna Bowl & Homemade Burger
Breakfast: Breakfast Sandwich
I make a high-protein breakfast sandwich with eggs, turkey, cheese, and a whole-grain English muffin.
Add some spinach or tomato for extra vegetables.
Lunch: Tuna & Potato Bowl
For lunch, I combine tuna with boiled potatoes, cucumber, tomatoes, greens, and a yogurt-based dressing.
It's inexpensive, filling, and requires minimal cooking.
Dinner: Homemade Burger & Potatoes
I make a homemade lean beef burger and serve it with roasted potatoes and a big side salad.
Eating for lean muscle doesn't mean giving up foods you enjoy. Making your own meals allows you to choose the ingredients and portions while still enjoying comfort-food favorites.
Day 6: Protein Smoothie & Chicken Bowl
Breakfast: High-Protein Smoothie
When I want something quick, I make a smoothie with:
- Banana
- Protein powder
- Greek yogurt
- Milk
- Berries
- Peanut butter
- Ice
Blend everything until smooth.
It's especially convenient on mornings when I don't have much time to cook.
Lunch: Chicken & Quinoa Bowl
For lunch, I combine grilled chicken, quinoa, roasted vegetables, avocado, and greens.
I usually make extra chicken and quinoa so I can use them in another meal later in the week.
Dinner: Homemade Chicken Pizza
For a fun dinner, I make a homemade pizza using a high-protein or whole-grain base.
I add tomato sauce, mozzarella, grilled chicken, vegetables, and herbs.
Pair it with a salad for an easy balanced dinner.
Day 7: Eggs, Leftovers & Salmon
Breakfast: Omelet
I finish the week with a vegetable omelet made with eggs and egg whites, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cheese.
I serve it with toast and fruit.
Lunch: Leftover Bowl
One of my favorite meal-prep tricks is using leftovers rather than cooking something completely new.
I combine whatever protein, vegetables, grains, and sauces I have left in the fridge to make a quick bowl.
This reduces food waste and saves time.
Dinner: Garlic Salmon & Rice
For my final dinner of the week, I make garlic and herb salmon with rice and roasted vegetables.
It's simple, high in protein, and a great way to finish the week.
My Favorite High-Protein Snacks
Meals aren't the only way I add protein to my diet. Some of my favorite snacks include:
- Greek yogurt with berries
- Cottage cheese with fruit
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Protein smoothie
- Apple with peanut butter
- Turkey and cheese roll-ups
- Edamame
- Protein oatmeal
- Greek yogurt with granola
- Cottage cheese toast
I try to choose snacks based on how hungry I am rather than eating simply because it's a certain time of day.
Easy Meal Prep Tips for High-Protein Meals
You don't have to spend your entire Sunday cooking to eat well during the week.
A few simple habits make a big difference.
1. Cook Your Protein in Batches
Grill or bake several portions of chicken, turkey, salmon, or another protein source at once.
2. Prepare a Few Carbohydrate Options
Cook a batch of rice, potatoes, quinoa, or pasta so you can quickly build meals throughout the week.
3. Keep Easy Protein Foods Available
Greek yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, canned tuna, and protein powder are convenient options to have on hand.
4. Prepare Vegetables Ahead of Time
Wash and chop vegetables or roast a large tray at once. Having vegetables ready makes it much easier to build balanced meals.
5. Don't Make Every Meal Complicated
Some of my favorite meals are simply protein + carbohydrate + vegetables + sauce.
You don't need a different recipe every day.
What I Eat in a Week: The Takeaway
Eating to support lean muscle growth doesn't have to mean eating boring food or following complicated recipes.
My approach is simple: include protein regularly, eat a variety of whole foods, enjoy plenty of fruits and vegetables, and choose meals that are realistic for my lifestyle.
These high-protein easy home recipes are also flexible. You can swap chicken for turkey, salmon for another fish, rice for potatoes, or dairy products for alternatives that work better for you.
The most important thing is finding a way of eating that you can actually enjoy and maintain.
And remember, building muscle isn't just about food. A well-rounded approach that includes progressive resistance training, adequate recovery, and enough overall energy and protein is important too.
FAQ: High-Protein Meals for Lean Muscle
What should I eat in a day to build lean muscle?
A balanced day can include a protein-rich breakfast, a protein-based lunch and dinner, nutritious snacks, fruits and vegetables, carbohydrates for energy, and healthy fats. Individual needs vary depending on factors such as body size, activity level, and goals.
What are easy high-protein meals at home?
Some easy options include chicken and rice bowls, eggs and toast, Greek yogurt bowls, salmon with potatoes and vegetables, turkey wraps, beef stir-fries, and protein smoothies.
Is protein important for building muscle?
Yes. Protein provides amino acids that the body uses to build and repair muscle tissue. Resistance training combined with adequate dietary protein can support muscle growth.
Can I eat carbs while trying to build lean muscle?
Absolutely. Carbohydrates can provide energy for training and daily activity. Foods such as rice, oats, potatoes, pasta, fruit, and whole grains can all fit into a balanced muscle-building diet.
Do I need to eat the same meals every week?
Not at all. Variety can make healthy eating more enjoyable. Use the meal ideas in this post as a starting point and swap ingredients based on your preferences, budget, and nutritional needs.
Final Thoughts
This is what a typical high-protein week of eating for lean muscle can look like: simple breakfasts, satisfying lunches, easy homemade dinners, and convenient protein-rich snacks.
You don't need complicated recipes to eat well. With a few basic ingredients and a little meal prep, it's possible to make delicious, nutritious meals at home all week long.
Save this post for your next grocery trip and use it as inspiration for your own high-protein meal plan!