Alex Iwobi makes honest confession to Arsenal fans

Alex Iwobi admits he should have scored for Arsenal against Paris Saint-Germain

Image result for alex-iwobi picture

Alex Iwobi has admitted that he should have scored twice in Arsenal’s 1-1 draw with Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

The midfielder missed two good chances to find the net for Arsene Wenger’s men at Parc des Princes as the Gunners kicked off their European campaign with a draw.
Arsenal fought back to earn a point against the French champions after Alexis Sanchez’s goal in the 77th minute following Edinson Cavani’s opener inside just 42 seconds.
PSG had plenty of chances to find a second goal but were kept at bay by the Gunners before Sanchez’s equaliser.
However, midfielder Iwobi could not hide his disappointment at not getting on the scoresheet in the French capital.
Speaking in an interview with Arsenal Player, Iwobi said: “I had the chance to score, but my main focus was to get it on target and also beat the goalkeeper, but it was a good save and I was unfortunate not to get the goal.
“The first chance I had I thought I was going to score [too], but I was just lucky Alexis put it away and I was just happy we were able to get a goal and come back into the game.”
Next up for Arsenal is a Premier League trip to Hull City on Saturday afternoon. The Gunners beat Southampton 2-1 at The Emirates last weekend.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Related Posts Display